As many of you know, as well as writing a lot about CFS, I love writing about fear. I have danced with fear for such a long time now, but I mean this in a beautiful, loving way, not in a…well…fearful way. I’ve come to realise that I get scared when I’m on the verge of something personally ground-breaking or insightful (yes, cognitive insights seem to be part of it for me as well).
If you’re like and have experienced fear paralysis, let me share with you my top 10 best quotes on fear. If something clicks with you in particular, meditate or even journal on it to explore what that quote means for you on a deeper levels.
My Favourite Fear Quote
I read this on a postcard while in one of my favourite places, Byron Bay, and just had to buy it. I journalled on it and haunted by it for days. In that instance, I knew two things: 1) that I had a big problem with fear, and 2) that it was time to get a handle on it.
Other Fabulous Fear Quotes
- “Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.” – Salvador Dali
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realise that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvellously Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott (this one makes me shiver!)
- “There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them.” – Andre Gide
- “Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” – Marilyn Ferguson
- “We fear the thing we want the most.” – Robert Anthony
- “Don’t be afraid to see what you see.” – Ronald Reagan
- “We are afraid of the enormity of the possible.” – Emile M. Cioran
How about you my darling- which are your favourite quotes on fear? I’d love to add yours to my collection!
Love, Katie xx