Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 balls
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pecan nuts
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (make sure it’s melted!)
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Chia seeds/sesame seeds to roll
- In a food processor/blender, combine the cashews and pecans until they make a fine meal.
- Add dates, coconut oil, carob powder, cacao and maca powder, and blend until smooth (dates can be tricky, so just keep checking to make sure they’re behaving!)
- Wet your hands and roll into balls, then coat in chia seeds. (Scatter them on a plate, then roll away). The balls should stick together; if they don’t, wet your hands again and have another go!
- Store in the fridge for around 30 minutes, then serve. (The balls should always be stored in the fridge to keep them from falling apart!)
Bliss Ball Additional extras:
- Use cacao powder instead of carob (carob has a slightly darker, more earthy flavour to it and tends to be a little bit cheaper!)
- Soak the cashew nuts in water overnight to make them easier to digest and blend.
- Add goji berries or inca berries into the mixture as well in the blender.
- Make them a little bit crunchy using quinoa or amaranth puffs- add in a stage 2.
- Make them into a different shape! This would also work well as an energy bar or slice.
- Roll in coconut (as I did above) for a bit of a tropical twist.
Have fun with this recipe- you can throw in whatever you like, as long as it grinds up well. Foolproof! (Music to my ears!)
What are you favourite sweet snack recipes? Let me know below!
Love, Katie xxx
Click here for more on nutritious, lasting energy snacks