As some of you may have read last week in this article, I’ve been feeling a bit wobbly on my blogging feet recently and have been wondering which way to go. I very quickly realised that I had forgotten the essence of why I set up the blog in the first place, as an alternative healing haven in the midst of confusion for those with CFS/ME, and other conditions in which fatigue interferes with day-to-day living in a major way. I knew that needed to swallow my fear, put my head down and plough on.
As I result, I wanted to put together this list for you- my pledge. As my little blog grows and we welcome more people into our community (yey!), I wanted you all to know my principles in relation to this blog and how I will try my best to serve you. Call it a pledge if you will.
In a way, I’m writing this for myself as well as all of you, to help me ride through my fears of not being good enough, and help me step into the light to love, openness and collaboration in a bigger and more authentic way.
The ‘Conquering Fear Spiritually’ Pledge
- One of my guiding principles is learning in a positive environment. This blog, I hope, provides a safe, non-judgemental platform for people to come and feel like someone ‘gets it’. No negative vibes here, thank you kindly.
- I will always try my best to help you in whatever way I can. Sometimes, I don’t manage to get back to you as quickly as I would like, but I do read what you write and I’m always thinking of you.
- I will always try and examine my fears and put them out to you, so you can see if they resonate with you too. At the moment, I’m not so hot at this (fear!), but I’m trying to move outside my comfort zone as often as possible (instant growth, even if you don’t know or appreciate it at the time).
- I will not drag you through the mud with false promises and hopes. What you read is what you get.
- I will try to share as many things with you from my own life as I can, within reason of course. I am petrified of having my photo taken, so you might have to bear with me on this one. I’m working on it!
- I will always try and write things I think you’d like to read about, things that I wish someone had told me while I was healing.
- I will not recommend anything that I haven’t tried or tested myself. If I’m not sure about a question, I’ll tell you I’m not sure about it. I’ll then go and research it.
- I will always keep your needs in mind- if you feel like I’m straying, please get in touch.
- I will always approach everything I do with honesty, vulnerability and wonder. Like everyone, I have off-days, but I will never put blogs out there written when I’m in a complete and utter funk.
- Gratitude and connection are key. I want to keep in touch with you more often and see how you’re going.
Let’s make it happen.
Love and good ol’ clarity,
* Image taken with gratitude from thejealouscurator.com – artwork by Elise Wehle