A common complaint from the CFS community is that we don’t often hear many recovery stories. To be honest, I’m not sure that I could’ve coped with listening to any bright-eyed, bushy-tailed people telling me how great life was when I was really sick. (After I did a recovery interview with one of my friends, Dan, a lot of people commented that they found me really annoying, and I totally get it!). I get a lot of emails from people asking if I’ve really recovered, and I have to answer ‘Yes, YEs, YES!’ to every single one. This isn’t about me being arrogant or unrealistic, it’s about an intuitive knowing in my body that told me about 5 years ago that I was done with being sick, that recovering from chronic illness had finally become a reality.
So, I was very grateful to be interviewed by gorgeous Ashley from Greenlight Holistic Healing for her podcast on holistic health and ethical living, as it was a great opportunity to share my story with others and give them a little bit of hope that, yes, recovery stories are out there!
We spoke about recovering from chronic illness, health and healing and, to be honest, we probably could’ve spoken all day!
Recovering from Chronic Illness
In this episode, Ashley and I discuss:
- What signs were there in High School that I had chronic fatigue?
- What was my process of diagnosis?
- Did my people-pleasing ways made me ill?
- Do I blame myself for becoming sick?
- Where I began after giving up on Western medicine
- What’s the first step I would recommend to others with chronic illness?
- How using chakras and energy systems can help with healing
- The crazy healing method Ashley suggested I check out
- My work as a mentor to others with chronic fatigue
- Ways to begin trusting your body again
(27 mins long)
I hope you enjoy the interview my lovely- I’d love to hear your comments below.
Love, Katie xxx