I know exactly how you’re feeling…how in the world did this happen?
Please know that this is not your fault.
I know that a lot of people around you have tried to make you feel better, but really, they have absolutely no idea.
Unless you’ve experienced CFS there is no way you could possibly know what it’s like to:
- Sleep 22 hours a day and still be tired.
- Feel like half a person… sometimes not even half a person.
The list goes on and on, and this is just the beginning. Don’t even get me started on relapses. I know this because I felt all of those things (plus a bunch more) too.
You can see my 10 year battle with CFS here, and believe me when I say that it was incredibly difficult for me to write these experiences down, just as it’s difficult for you to put your hand up and ask for a little guidance.
You have done absolutely nothing wrong, but you will tell yourself over and over again that this illness and the circumstances you find yourself in are completely your fault. You will tell yourself that you’re stuck, and nobody can help you, so you should just give up.
But this is where I come in.
I’m not a coach or a teacher. I’m a mentor and a friend. Someone who was battered and bruised by chronic illness, but who came out the other side in a way she never felt or dreamed was possible. I lend a helping hand to guide you through what has been and might still be a dark time in your life, and hopefully let some light in.
I never thought in a million years that I’d be helping people through CFS, but every session with such beautiful clients makes my heart melt a little. We plug into you as a person (remember you?), not the ‘sick’ you that everyone else sees, and explore practical strategies that are individually suited to you and your recovery (because what works for one person might not work for you. You are gorgeously unique.)
I don’t set crazy targets. I don’t push clients beyond their comfort zones because I know how delicate you’re feeling and how much of an effort it is to sit in front of a screen and be vulnerable with a total stranger for a while.
My role is to help you explore where you are and acknowledge how far you’ve come. My role is remind you of your strength and courage.
Together, we will gently explore how you can heal your body, your mind and ultimately, your life.
You know it all already, I’m just here to remind you.
My sessions are perfect if:
- You’ve tried EVERYTHING and you’re still struggling.
- You need advice from somebody who has experienced CFS firsthand.
- You’ve hit an obstacle and you’re not sure where to turn next.
- you’ve tried explaining it to people around you, but their eyes glaze over or they just don’t listen.
- you’re still relapsing and you’ve no idea why.
It’s also important to know that these sessions aren’t for everyone.
My sessions are not for you if:
- You’re just interested in the ‘one thing’ I did to help heal. I’m not a ‘silver bullet’ kind of person. I believe that if you’re just after the silver bullet, you’re missing out a golden opportunity to learn for life. Also, our journeys are different. It’s about finding what works for you.
- You want to work with a qualified counsellor, psychologist, life coach or nutritionist. I draw on my own resources based on my experience of illness during my session. (Please see my disclaimer for more on this).
- You just want to pick my brain. If this is the case, maybe spending a nice afternoon with a pot of tea and a couple of my blog posts or my book might suit you better.
- You’re stuck in a negative mindset and you’re not open to advice. Maybe you’re just not ready yet. My mentoring will only work if you approach it with an open mind and open heart.
How does CFS Mentoring work?
I can’t make you better in one session (I wish!), but what I will do is give you some insights and action steps that will leave you feeling positive, hopeful and a bit more like your old self (perhaps for the first time in ages).
I offer individual sessions for those who are ready for in-depth insights and perspective shifts. If you’d like further guidance, sessions can be
All sessions are conducted via Skype, and can be either a voice or video call, depending on your preference. I frequently give mentoring sessions as voice calls when people are in bed.
Press play below to hear me talking a little bit about mentoring sessions:
“I’d definitely work with Katie again in the future. She has such a beautiful, reassuring and encouraging energy that makes you feel really safe to explore what you’re doing. – Elizabeth”“Thank you again for the session, it was great and absolutely loved the feeling of joy and lightness I got after the session.” – J.
Individual session are ideal if you want some clear guidance and insights on one or two sticking points that you have at the moment. What needs to come up in a session always comes up, and this allows us to shed a little light on how you can move forward which is perfect for you, and only you.
Option 1: $75 AUD for a 60-minute ‘Awakening’ session
Option 2: $55 AUD for a 30-minute ‘Breakthrough’ session
(Click here to convert from Australian Dollars into your currency.)
I cannot wait to work with you my darling.
Love, Katie xxx
* Not feeling ready for mentoring just yet? No worries my lovelies- maybe these might float your boat instead.